Which Is The Best Fries?
Jun 19, 2023
Image via Savor Recipes
You say potato, well, we say, give us ALL the best fries there is! But let’s get one thing clear, all potato lives matter, and all potatoes are crunchy and delicious in all forms, and there are no losers here in this list. Let’s see the types of cuts in the order of popularity, starting from bottom to top. Read on!
9. SWEET POTATO FRIES They’re salty, crunchy, sweet, and come with that little bit of the healthier side so you don’t have to feel bad when you stuff an entire serving into your mouth in one sitting. Our guilty pleasure here is dipping them in the ranch sauce.
8. WEDGES Do they count as French fries? Well, they are fried potatoes for sure. Made entirely out of tender potatoes, but unfortunately with very little crunch. In some ways, they’re more like baked potatoes than French fries. So, if you love eating baked potatoes, great! But if you’re in the mood for true fries, these don’t quite cut it.
7. LATTICE CUT FRIES Lattice fries, or more commonly known as waffle fries, are just as what you expect they’re named after. They are LITERALLY fries in the shape of waffles! How’s that for a breakfast twist? These quirky, crisscross shaped waffle fries do the best job of getting the largest amount of ketchup (or your favourite dip) from plate-to-mouth.
6. STEAK CUT FRIES Okay, let’s be honest, steak fries are definitely underrated. There is nothing like sinking your teeth into a beautiful crispy outside before making your way into a smooth, soft and silky steak fry. And the best part? When it’s mixed with the juices from the steak it came with, is just… *Chef’s kiss*
5. SIDEWINDERS FRIES Revolutionary SIDEWINDERS™ fries are bigger than ever, with four exciting flavours ready to impress. Their unique shape, fun plating potential and bold, on-trend flavors will attract attention as a one-of-a-kind dining experience. Tremendous plate coverage, menu versatility and outstanding hold time make this a signature item, only from Simplot.
4. STRAIGHT CUT FRIES The straight cut is a solid classic. Super delicious, although not the most impressive. Still, you can never go with the one that started it all. Just keep a lookout for these three things when looking out for the gold standard; a crispy fry on the outside, a fluffy texture on the inside, and a golden exterior, which is what you should strive for.
3. CRINKLE CUT FRIES If you’re after that real potato flavour, something more satisfying with every crunch then this is the cut for you. More style than substance, crinkle cut fries provide a nice, rigged texture, but not much else to help them stand out from the pack.
2. LOOP FRIES These curly wurly looping babies combine the greatest attributes of numerous other fry styles, it has the curls from shoestring potatoes, the increased surface area of potato wedges, and the perfect balance of crispness and tenderness. There is nothing that curly fries cannot do. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.
1. SHOESTRING FRIES This is it. The best of the best. The one Fry to rule them all! SHOESTRING FRIES!
Thin, crispy and hot! These fries come in long slices of potato goodness, with slight curls built in to ensure that any one piece of potato doesn’t get too stiff. So, while you still get a great crunch, you’ve also got a bit more adventure for your mouth to enjoy.
So whether you enjoy the crispy straight cut fries, waffle fries, crinkle cut fries, loops fries or even sweet potato fries, there’s sure to be the perfect fries out there for you; somewhere to enjoy as the best side dish or eating on its own while watching Netflix. Which fries do you enjoy best? Simplot offers variety of fries that you can find from your nearest supermarket or grocery stores. Get it now and enjoy with your loved ones anytime, anywhere and any occasion.