Pork tenderloin featuring RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Fuji Apples, bacon, and shallots.
|Thyme, Fresh, Chopped
|Black Pepper, Cracked
|Apple Brandy (Applejack or Calavados)
|RoastWorks®: Flame-Roasted Fuji Apples 6/2.5lb
- In a small bowl, blend the thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the pork tenderloins with the thyme blend, set aside.
- In a large 15" skillet, saute the bacon until it is almost crisp. Add the shallots and cook until they are tender.
- Remove the bacon and shallots from the skillet using a slotted spoon draining the fat and reserving it in the skillet.
- Reheat the same skillet over medium high heat. Brown the pork tenderloins on all sides.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan sprayed with pan release.
- Place pork in a 375°F convection oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150°F to 160°F.
- Remove from oven and cover with foil.
- De-glaze the skillet with the apple brandy.
- Add the butter to the skillet to melt, add the bacon and shallots.
- Add the RoastWorks Flame-Roasted Fuji Apples and simmer until apples are warm and flavors marry.
- To serve, slice the pork on the bias 1/2" thick and place 3 oz of the apples on a plate, fan 3 1/2 oz of pork over the apples.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig.